Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Can KIP compete in this new HP PAGEWIDE world?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can KIP compete in this new HP PAGEWIDE world?
KIP is Doomed
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
KIP will Survive
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Can KIP compete in this new HP PAGEWIDE world? Reply with quote Back to top

Like the title says, is KIP even relevant anymore? What a swift and far reaching change in technology these new HP Pagewides have brought. I have upgraded many customers to Page Wide. How about you?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We will install the third PageWide in production next month. Unless KIP figures a way to compete they will become irrelevant.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Admitting I'm a little biased.

I think the XL 8000 with the speed has got KIP. Not sold on the HP print quality. KIP did really messed up by not having a replacement production machine ready to replace the 9900. I've seen a few XL 5000's and no XL 4000's in the field. I heard that sales of the 4000/5000 are only about 40% of what HP had expected. Probably due to the KIP 800 Series.

I'd like to know how many machines HP has sold of the 8000/5000/4000's?
I think the last serial number I saw on a KIP 800 was close to 1000.

I'd never count KIP. OCE for years had some good machines and dominated the market over KIP. How are they doing now? I know KIP will have something coming soon that will replace the 9900. My guess is a full color printer and at least twice the speed of the 800 Series. Maybe a 900 series.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good points. I've had my head inside xerographic based printers since 1973 and from my lazy old ass viewpoint I'll be glad when toner is on the way out. On the other hand I've had to replace the Bi-Valve assy ( no reference to sexual preference intended) on both of our 8000's due to leaking from the purge port near the waste container. Sometimes liquid ink is a bigger hassle than toner. Considering pro's and con's of both technologies I'd rather deal with the occasional leak than breathing toner.

My reality does not reflect yours............but it should

james
resident

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More and more cities and countys are requiring just electronic files now. Could both hp and kip be obsolete soon?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kip should do something regarding high color speed machine but also B/W. We have 2 9000's with more than 7 millions sqf (I know they can do more) and there is nothing to replace them. Both customer don't need color option.

I don't have any pagewide in my field but I heard good and bad comments on it but mostly good.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sly, if your customer doesn't use color HP has a pagewide that runs black and white only.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Sly, if your customer doesn't use color HP has a pagewide that runs black and white only.

Didn't know about that ! I'll take a look.

Thanks Mark

SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: wave of the future Reply with quote Back to top

our print shop has gone to printing about 95% on two Pagewide XL8000's
one installed about six months ago with 3.7 million sq. feet and the other installed about two months ago with just under 650,000 sq feet.

Also have installed two 5000's and a 4500 and have a few more coming up.
Sure is fun tipping on end to fit in an elevator.
Customers love the quality of the prints.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still cheaper and better quality on the KIP, get back to me when you have those issues solved. The OCE Colorwave was suppose to bury the KIP as well...how did that work out? We not having any issues putting in KIP 800's it is a great printer.

pq
resident

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The KIP 900 will be shipping soon. We'll go see it in 2 weeks. I think it will compete well. None of these systems are perfect, whether KIP, HP, or OCE. They all have their Pros and Cons. The PageWide XL 8000 is also a beast at 1,200 lbs and I hear it slows way down from 30 ppm when run in anything better than lines/fast mode, something you may need to avoid banding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: