Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scanner not found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Scanner not found Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:
When I boot the 3000 it comes up with scanner online. When I select copy and insert an original it runs it all the way through sometimes with out showing an image and the scann rollers keep running. Switch back to home screen and it now says scanner not found. Machine will sometimes switch to scanner not found just sitting or when selecting a roll to copy to. Going to go back after lunch with my old XP laptop and try Scan utility. Any thoughts? Any help is appreciated.
Thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Scanner not found Reply with quote Back to top

I have read some similar older posts and it appears that I am looking at replacing the main scanner board, if I can find one. Am I correct?
Thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Scanner not found Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:
Also, if I can find a used scanner main board, where can I get the white balance calibration sheet?
Thank You
Alan
Triangle blueprints

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Before trying another scanner board, I would suggest to try the USB cable and also tring to put it in another USB port on IPS. Also, check your power wiring and voltage going to the scanner.

And last, yes replace the scanner board, we had to replace some in the field. You can order the calibration sheet directly from Kip. The # is in the part manual.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Scanner not found Reply with quote Back to top

Slyman:
Thank You for your response. Verified 24 volts, tried new usb cable and also swapped ports. Machine initially sees scanner, but in about 5 minutes it flashes scanner not found. Also immediately goes to scanner not found when trying to run the scan utility program.
Thanks again.
Alan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: