Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7170K - printing blank sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: 7170K - printing blank sheets Reply with quote Back to top

Customer called and says it's printing blank sheets. Same thing happened last month and I had them shut it off and by the time I got there (1 hour away), I turned it on and it started printing with no issues. I went over everything mechanically and software and found no issues and even had them rerun the job with no issues. Now it's printing blanks again. They said that they shut if off until I get there. I won't be able to go until later today or tomorrow so I'm asking if anyone has run into this and what the resolve was. Thanks.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wish I knew. I have one that is doing this intermittently. Customer turns the machine off and turns it back on and it works for a few days. I have never seen it to do it in person.
Tried reseating all LED connection, cutting all the wire ties etc. made sure the dev push motor was working, replaced trans wire.

Please post if you find anything. It would be appreciated.

doodad
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try replacing the Zehner diode. It is on the left side kind of under the charge assembly. These will give you issues with no error code.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I arrived, they did not shut off the printer, so I sent some internal test prints and they were all blank. I stopped a print in mid-print and opened the clam and noticed that there were no image on the drum either. I opened up the top and looked at the LED and I found that the black connector plug going into the LED was not pushed in all the way. I'm referring to the plug that when you push it to connect it, the two push tabs on the side, clicks in place. The right side was not pushed in and the push tab was still not engaged. This is a fairly new printer and I'm sure I've never unplugged this before. I'm guessing with the vibration of the printer, the connectors were intermittently touching on and off. Once I pushed it down to "click" both sides and started it up, all prints came out perfect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: