Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

770K J-0200 will not clear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: 770K J-0200 will not clear Reply with quote Back to top

First off my excuse for not being able to solve this. I have one 770K in my area and have only seen it once to update the OS several months ago. Customer says the printer ran out of paper during a run and after she loaded the paper a J-002 was declared and will not clear. My first thought was a roll sticker blocking a sensor. Every one of the sensors in the paper path function as they should. I have reset the error log and jam log and anything else I could think of. The interlocks and cover position switches check out. Before I reload the OS (an act of desperation) tell me what I'm missing.........
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: J002 Reply with quote Back to top

The 770 is a one roll machine. In the KIP OS under service log in, is only one roll selected??
Also Most all errors are J-0102, J-0202, etc. Also check manual feed area for paper.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the service manual the J-002 (or J-00000002 error) is a Jam at Paper Deck 1. I'm going to assume that you've done what the SM suggested already. When you updated the OS, did you also update the FW? Also, I don't know if the code is what you see or what the customer is telling you but double check and make sure it's J-002 or J-200 (or J-00000200)? Could be something as simple as the upper unit might not be closed firmly enough. But definately make sure it has the corresponding FW with the SW update. I had a 700m (basically the same engine) that gave me hardware errors and I changed out a bunch of things and it ended up being a FW issue throwing out HW errors.

Here's the link if you want to see:

http://www.kipforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=7292

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Learn from my mistake. Turns out there was a piece of paper in the lower transport that I couldn't see until I fed a piece of cardstock and pushed the hidden sheet into view. What a waste of time.......

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update. Well, it isn't entirely your fault because you tested and confirmed that all the sensors/switches checked out. The piece of paper was probably floating around the sensor, only tripping it every now and then. Good find, though.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,
For the future. If you remover the T&S assy, them lift up the guide plate/flapper thing. There is another plate. If you remove the two screws the piece of paper is right there. I remove the screws and leave them out and show the customer how to get the paper out.

The trim sheet or if the machine jams and it cuts a piece of paper shorter than 9 inches can't make it through the machine.
This was that same issue the old 1800/1880/1900 had. Since the 700/770 replaced those machines why would KIP bother to fix it?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx buddy. DID not know about the lower lower plate. Next time I'm onsite I'll check it out.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if your client is using taped or untapped paper. I had 1 that drove me crazy everytime it ran out of paper. They used untapped paper. It would spit out a small piece of paper at the end and cause it to throw an error. I suggested using taped and it stop doing that. The 7XX Series was not 1 of KIPs better inventions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: