Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Windows boot error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Windows boot error Reply with quote Back to top

I had an internal memory error. I restored the system from the service mode, and promptly got "internal memory error". I did the restore from the service mode two more times, but on the last one it came up with a windows boot error. Question now is does the original restore disk that came with the machine have windows on it? What key on the keyboard gets you to the bios so you can set the boot order to boot from the dvd first?

Thanks for the help.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The restore cd will ghost the entire system with all the software and windows so it will be just like it came new. Then you have to set everything up and will also need the keycodes.
Depending on what IPS it is either F10 or delete to enter the bios.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: windows error Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You for the response. It boots to boot order using F9. I have two choices for the DVD rom, one of them being UEFI and then the DVD number. The book said to use the UEFI option. I select that and hit enter, but nothing happens, no activity on the DVD lights. Is a newer DVD drive required, as this is the one I have been using with the 3000's?

Thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is UEFI
Mine I use for the 3000's works fine.
make sure your using a System K Restore disk.

Make sure you're not plugged into a Blue USB port that is USB 3.0. If your is older like mine it easy to make that mistake and will cause issues

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

<make sure your using a System K Restore disk>

If your printer is system K......

If that was already determined, sorry...I'm old
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: boot error Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:
It is a System K boot disk that came with the machine. Ver 1.0. The Machine is a 7770K, which is System K. Do the USB cords need to be put back in the same ports. What ones NEED to be in the USB3 ports? When I select the UEFI option it just sits there and does nothing. Could the SSD have been damaged on one of my system restore form the service menu? A tech from Digital Imaging had suspected that and I am awaiting delivery of one.
Thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless I'm mistaken, 1.6 is the current version.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: boot error Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:
Yes, but don't I have to start out on a new ssd with 1.0? That is the only full install disk I have.
Thanks
Alan

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: boot error Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:
I put a different ssd drive in the machine, a Crucial MX300 drive. It still will not start the installation from the Restore disk, which is a R1.0.5666.40700. I know it is old IPS software , but that is the one that came with the machine. Is this a cabling problem with the placement of the USB cables?

Thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: boot problem Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:
Is there an IPS manual for the system K machines, specifically the 7770K showing cable connections? If so can I get one?
Thank You
Alan

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Restore Sys K Reply with quote Back to top

The best thing is to get a 1.6 restore dvd from Kip
There's full instructions included.
Make sure the data cable is in a blue usb 3.0 port
Try using another usb at the controller for your DVD drive

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Boot error Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Will try this when I get back on Tuesday. Any other cables need to be in a USB3?
Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: