Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scanner calibration issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 720 Scanner Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Scanner calibration issues Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having an issue trying to do a White Balance and Shading Compensation on a 720 scanner that is attached to a KIP7170K. Original issue is that CIS #4 is showing a magenta background when STF in color. Using the calibration sheet, I have tried to do White Balance and the scanner will eventually stall in mid process and the red light will illuminate on the scanner hood, indicating a error occured. When I try to do Shading Compensation using the Utilities, after a few minutes, a error will pop up (shading sequence error) and the red light comes on. I have done the usual of confirming connections, tried different USB cables, tried different calibration sheets, swapped CIS (to see if the magenta issue will move, it did not move), swapped boards and ran the utilities from my laptop. All with no success. Anyone else come across this issue?

kipjohnfree
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have the same issue.
did u fix it?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try using a different K129 CIS Scanner Utility. I used the one in the UI and it kept erroring out. I plugged the USB to my laptop and used the one that came with the KIP7170K Scanner utilities and kept getting same errors. I had my other tech go back and he actually copied the utility onto his USB and put into controller desktop and ran his utility and it worked without a hitch. The odd thing is that they were all the same Ver 1.0.0.3.49.

kipjohnfree
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 720 Scanner Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: