Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Toner on prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Toner on prints Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer that has a 7170 where every few weeks or so she will get toner on prints go out clean printhead image corona issue goes away then returns. The printer has a brand new drum Dev unit has been rebuilt, and has all new wires has about 250,000 SQ ft on it. she lives in an area where it does get very cold into the negatives and snows a lot looking for some solution to this problem and density control is at zero's.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure to vacuum the foam cleaning roller that sits directly on the drum. Is the toner all the way across the page or just one side?

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The cleaning roller is clean what keeps happening is that the image corona is getting toner dusting today i taped the wiring going to the image corona checked wire height it was correct cleaned image corona ran multiple prints no issues. But worried it will come back.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you rebuilt the developer assy did you reset the bias?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So i am still having this issue with this kip thought it went away but has returned. It has new corona wires dev unit was rebuilt and also swapped out for another dev unit to see if that was the issue it came back. The dev bias has been reset to zero's.

The weird part is that it may last a week or two then comes back, Kip told me it was a dev issue that is why we put in another dev unit. I am at a total loss here i have tried lowering and raising corona wires, turned density control off checked grid screen on image corona did not see anything wrong with it.
I checked contacts on LED's they were all clean, someone suggested put a dab of contact grease on them i did no help, i checked the continuity across the LED's and one thing i noticed if you put contacts on opposite ends you get no continuity, but if you test individually you get continuity don't no if that makes a difference looking for any other suggestions i also made sure voltages were in spec.

The machine only has 250 SQ on it,

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the fix was installing a new image corona unit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: