Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

lines on scan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: lines on scan Reply with quote Back to top

I am getting a pink line through the scans on the scanner when I scan in color. If scanned in b&w, it just looks like a faded line. It is only a couple of centimeters wide. Also getting a blue line, but it is a fine line and it has a faded band about an inch wide around it. Both of the lines appear to be close to where the cameras meet. I have replaced the glass, and the platen assy. I cleaned the lamp assy and the mirrors. Not sure what to do next.

The following link shows the image quality problem that I am talking about. Hopefully it will explain it better than me.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=gj35y2ww3uy

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen some weird issues like that. Try swapping around the lamps, and doing a white balance/shading adjustment and see if that helps.

stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had this too...Our scanner glass didn't look scratched, but was actually scuffed so when you run the shading, it would compensate for where the scuff was and give a pink line on color scans and omit info on black and white prints along that line.

Had the glass shop cut some new glass, re-ran shading, problem solved!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: