Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

controller load

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHORTROUND
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: controller load Reply with quote Back to top

user interface was locked up and sometimes the ips would not boot up all the way. and the last print that came out was gray.

i have reloaded the ips twice and both times it loads as it should. But when i go to print a test print it prints out about the first 8 inches fine then it prints gray. then the controller shows its a 5000 no meter reads listed and after i put in the password for service mode it non existent.

after each load it did come up and ask if i have replaced the DC controller.

called Kip help desk and they never called back

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had weird issues with bad hard drives. I've got a good install and then the color software locks up or unattend won't load. Once I swapped the drive everything worked great.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be either a bad ips cd or one or more of your capacitors has failed on the IPS motherboard which has been an extremely common problem for me. all of my 7100 machines but one have had the caps fail in the pc motherboard and Ive seen it on the 7000 and 8000 machines as well.
if I could figure out how to upload a pic id share one to show you but basically look for bloated domed tops on any of the capacitors.. they might even have a crusty brown liquid dried on them... if you see this they are bad and depending on which ones fail you will get all sorts of weird inconsistent behavior.[/img]

I would also look hard at the scisi interface card in the IPS... try reseating it because when they arent communicating correctly you will get the default kip 5000 and missing serial number and meter readings..

Last edited by Augiedoggy on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eboucher wrote:
I've had weird issues with bad hard drives. I've got a good install and then the color software locks up or unattend won't load. Once I swapped the drive everything worked great.
ive had the color software loackup the system a few times now and I wish I remembered why but its actually a bug in a few versions of the software that if you put the ip address of the printer in the color software (kip told me numerous times not to do this but Ive had customers try even after I locked one up doing the myself) or make changes and exit the color software screen too quickly it can cause this... Its never been hard drive related for me.

I did have 5 machines (all 7100 and 7700 ) in one year that had the no name hard drives fail a couple years ago and it seemed like back to back failures (replaced them with drives from best buy) but the newer SSD drives they use are much better.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a bit of a stretch but along with bulged out tops another tell is leaning caps. If you want the article I have explaining cap failure let me know.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
This is a bit of a stretch but along with bulged out tops another tell is leaning caps. If you want the article I have explaining cap failure let me know.
yes true if they bilge at the bottom but sometimes they dont even bulge..I have a cap tester in my bag too.
It has effected 5 of my 7 7100 machines.. no problems on the 7170 machines yet.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Bulging Caps Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyone repairing these Biostar MB's??
Hard to find any new ones.... except at KIP $$$

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulging Caps Reply with quote Back to top

bigal wrote:
Is there anyone repairing these Biostar MB's??
Hard to find any new ones.... except at KIP $$$
I repair them onsite with replacement caps and a soldering iron myself.. Its not difficult.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: