Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

HP T2300 MFP Scanner Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: HP T2300 MFP Scanner Issue Reply with quote Back to top

When trying to copy or scan using the embedded scanner, scanner starts scan as normal then after about 7 inches it stops and panel says job sent to printer and eject page!
prints out a sheet with only about the 7 inched of lead edge,
tried to find a setting etc as it might have been doing a pre scan?
Ran scanner calibration sheet with no errors
tried firmware update etc
Anyone have any suggestions?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does it do this to all originals? What kind of original is it? Transparent? I had a customer that had the similar issue as you. Except they had a missing section on the TE that was almost dead center. The scanner would pull the original in but as soon as the missing section went into the scanner, it stop, say job sent and tell me to eject paper and would only printed what was already scanned. Obviously, it was because the photo interrupter sensor no longer detected an obstruction, in turn, it thought that that was the end of the original. I taped a piece of paper behind the rip and boom, all good. If your original is a transparency, try putting a bond backing sheet of paper and scanning that and see if it'll do the same thing or check sensor.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: T2300 scanner Reply with quote Back to top

Yes !
On this one it does it on bond prints if the lines are bold enough.
I was using the old Kip Sucasa print with bold lines.
What do you mean when you put paper behind the sensors ?
I just ordered 2 new sensors.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I meant I put a piece of paper behind the missing section of the original, to make it whole again, so that the sensors would detect paper in that area. Let us know if the new sensors help.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Sensors T2300 Reply with quote Back to top

So far I haven't been able to fix it as HP has backorder sensors with no eta.
Anybody have any?
Or other possible fix?

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would try running the scanner validation under service utilities and see if that resolves the issue.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Sensors T2300 Reply with quote Back to top

Already tried that!
It acts as if it is in a test scan mode.
But I can't find it in menu to turn off!

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you replaced or flipped the glass?
The design of this scanner causes the glass to develop scuffs right next to the cis optics which eventually confuse the scanner and it can do weird things like not accept the original at all of scan some of it and throw an error.
Ive had a couple of these start misbehaving from the glass now.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Scanner Issue Reply with quote Back to top

Ok problem solved
Replaced entry sensors that HP finally sent me. They come mounted 2 on a bracket so I swapped them both.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: