Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Rowe printers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Rowe printers Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone have any experience with these printers?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, what would you like to know?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess our Singapore location is considering Rowe printers. Until now I'd never heard of them. I have heard the support is a little sketchy. Your general opinion would be appreciated.

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rowe has a 90% market share in Germany and have recently entered this country. I don't know if your familiar with the old Kyocera 4850's but they're similar to those. It's developer based so no developer rebuilds. In the
eco-print model they have several different speeds ranging from 6 d a minute to 14. You can also customize as a 2, 3 or 4 roll and standard rear stacking and optional front stacking.

The parts are the same across all models. They use a Linux based controller which works pretty good. Recent updates have improved a lot of printing issues. Support is tough. But if you know your way around a wide format printer then it shouldn't be an issue.

If you buy in this country then support starts with the guys in PA. If you want help from Rowe then they are 8 hours ahead of you so expect a response the following day. They are heavy machines. All metal gears solid metal frames. They weight close to 1200 lbs.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really helpful, thanx!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: