Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scan Utility and driver with Win 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Scan Utility and driver with Win 10 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't changed a scan controller in a while and have run into an issue I wasn't prepared for. Since the last replacement and calibration my laptop has been replaced, running Win 10 x64. In order to run the scan utility from a laptop the usb driver has to be installed on the laptop. The driver declares that it won't run under Win 10 x64. Won't even install. I know that I can run the scan utility from the IPS but suppose the IPS utility is corrupt and won't connect to the scanner, does that leave us SOL as far as the scan utility is concerned? I thought about running a VM XP machine and install the driver under that mode. Anyone have any experience with this situation?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I don't.
I just keep an old XP laptop on the shelf for this stuff, and hope it doesn't die.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would have been the smart move......

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kept my old XP laptop also.

Edit to say that I tired with a Win 7Pro 64bit and with a 8.1Pro and had no luck getting it to work. Even in XP mode on the 7. I was fortunate to be able to keep my old Compaq XP and it still runs, at least for now. I do not have a back up of the hard drive.

Hope that clears things up.

Last edited by TXReproShop on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so what are you trying to say Bill? I suppose you backup your hard drive also.......I didn't have much say in the matter, company gave it away to one of our hoarders.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, the scan utility will run in an XP VM mode. Next 3k call I take I'll see if the scanner will install and calibrate.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All is good in sin city. Scan utility and driver operated as expected.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know, thanks for the info. What brand laptop? If that matters.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dell Latitude 3440

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: