Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-1314 - Transport unit 3 motor error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: E-1314 - Transport unit 3 motor error Reply with quote Back to top

As soon as it starts to print, it throws this error and the paper is stopped in the bottom drawer. In the Service Manual, mine is Case 2 because I am able to operate it in Function Mode. I already checked the harness (step 1), replaced the Transportation Unit 3 Motor Pulse Sensor (PH28) with 3 different sensors (step 2) and I just replaced the I/O B PCB (PW10722) (step 3). None of the 3 steps fixed it. The next step is to replace the Main Control PCB.

Anyone experience this error? I'd like a different resolution then to replace the Main Control PCB.

Also, I don't think this has anything to do with this error but the "web" icon is flashing too. I think it's just an indicator that the web is going to be needing replacing soon.

james
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this helps, I haven't had this problem, have you tried to adjust the speed of the motor?
Might be worth trying, looks like the adjustment is on page 8-157 in the service manual. Maybe adjust faster or slower and see if it makes any difference.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks James, but adjusting the speed didn't help.

So far, the only advice I received from KIP, since I've already done everything from the manual, is to start swapping parts. The stepping motor is the only other part to swap, which I did, which made no difference. I also replaced the 2 photo interrupters PH19 and PH20...nothing...

james
resident

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you adjusted the speed, was it using Adv Ser, Reg roller motor?
Do you see anywhere on the lead edge that could have been damaged from something blocking the paper from going?
What about thicker paper to see if it goes thru?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think there was a fault on my behalf. I went with what the service manual detailed and followed the Case 2: Transportation Unit 3 Motor operates correctly. Where I got it wrong was that it said to replace the Pulse Sensor (PH28), I searched it and the PH28 is the sensor on the right side of the Registration Unit (not TU3). So I concentrated on that sensor and that motor. I ran the TU3 motor in service mode and heard it run (didn't physically look at it. Finally removed the TU3 back cover and watched the motor run in service mode, then noticed nothing else rotating. Found that the right belt on the TU3 motor was broke. I have one on order and will update but I'm sure this will fix it.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATE: Replacing the belt fixed this issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: