Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Windows driver stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> SYSTEM K Software Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Federalgraphics Ben
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Windows driver stopped working Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer who has 2 Kip 7170K's in 2 different offices. They are on the same network (VPN). The other day, every computer on one of the offices stopped printing via the Windows driver. The print job never shows up in the kip at all. Of course the customer says they didn't change anything on the network or done any upgrades that they know of. Here's what I've checked.
--I tested from acrobat, word, even paint, nothing gets to the printer.
--I re-started the print spooler, re-started the Computer and tried several different computers.
--I can ping both ways.
--Print Pro works fine.
--PrintPro.net works fine.
--I re-installed the driver (tried the installer and manually installing through add a printer)
--The driver IS the latest available (only been installed a few months).
--It's Using a standard TCP/IP port.
--The port is 1900 and other printers on the network are using 9100 with no problems.
--All of the computers at this location stopped at the same time.
--The driver and computers are all 64bit and they were working until the other day
--I disabled the Firewall (Symantec Endpoint was overriding the windows firewall so I disabled both.
--All of the computers at the second location are working fine.

Any ideas? I'll try anything at this point.
Sad Sad

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think your key is the port of the Windows driver. If it is using 1900 and not 9100, then there could be some policy that is blocking the access to that port.

I am not sure if the System K OS still has telnet installed, but you should be able to go to a command prompt and type 'telnet [IP Address] 1900'. See if you get a return.

But, I would talk with the IT staff about the port.

Federalgraphics Ben
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Still no luck Reply with quote Back to top

The port was 9100 all along, that was a typo on my part.
I was able to connect to the kip using telnet through port 9100.
It seems to be open. Everything works but printing through windows.

oldenewe
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Windows Print Driver not working Reply with quote Back to top

I have run into the same issue. When trying to print a Windows Test Page, the job errors instantly, but they can print fine to other devices. After an hour of just running the aggressive removal tool a dozen times or so, and trying to reload download the driver from KIP.com / off the controller itself and what was already downloaded, I got a WIN7 workstation to print. Tried installing the driver on a 2K8 server, same result as well as a Win10 workstation. Any thoughts or additional troubleshooting would be appreciative.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> SYSTEM K Software Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: