Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

721 is arching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
721production
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: 721 is arching Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Everyone

New problem with one of my 721's. The machine started printing big black blotches randomly on the prints, so I replaced the wires on the main charge wire and it went away. Few days later and they are back. Sometimes just get a solid black print. I tried taking all components out of my one machine which is working perfectly and still getting the same results. I checked the voltage to the HVPS 1 board and it gets 2.0 volts but then will drop as you can here the drum arching. I even had the top cover off and watched it print and you can see the top charge wire is arching. My question is any idea what could be causing it to arch?

Thanks

james
resident

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We get arching when the dry hot winds come to town (Santa Ana Winds). I've tried several different things with cleaning the shield which seemed to help like Gojo.
I finally got a humidifier and we fire it up on the dry days. That seems to work the best for us. It's a somewhat large roll around unit.
Once we see archs, we turn it on and about 20 mins we are able to print without arching.

Is the air dry and warm where you are?

721production
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

james wrote:
We get arching when the dry hot winds come to town (Santa Ana Winds). I've tried several different things with cleaning the shield which seemed to help like Gojo.
I finally got a humidifier and we fire it up on the dry days. That seems to work the best for us. It's a somewhat large roll around unit.
Once we see archs, we turn it on and about 20 mins we are able to print without arching.

Is the air dry and warm where you are?

It's not no, we are up in Canada so it is very cold at the moment. It has been a very strange winter for us being 65 degrees one day then 0 degrees the next. I will give the humidifier a chance since we had print quality issues on another machine a few years ago and the humidifier solved the issue. Thanks for the tip! I will post any updates I have.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you run room heaters because of the cold, maybe drying the air out too much. I think we get arcing from dry warm air creating static. I get static shocks all the time when the dry winds come.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are also plagued with the dry climate issues. You can try this product. Seems to do a good job when the static builds up.

http://www.brillianize.com/Pages/LandingPages/photocopier.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: