Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Closing System K user interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Closing System K user interface Reply with quote Back to top

How do I close the System K Touch user interface so I can open diagnostics to copy over the new SYSKBR file. My controller is Ver 1.0, and I want to upgrade to 1.4. I think I also need the Controller Ver 1.2 as an intermediate step.
Thanks in advance
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

rpscdm
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the machine is still on ver. 1.0, you will need to do a re-image from dvd to update to ver. 1.4

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Ver 4 upgrade Reply with quote Back to top

I have the Version 4 on a thumb drive. Can I copy that information to a dvd and then ghost from that. I am not too worried about a back-up, as the only feature I have is color scan, and no other unique setups.

Thank you
Alan

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Version 4 on a thumb drive is only good for an update from ver 1.2 & 1.3
You will need the ghost disk and also need to update the firmware.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: upgrade from 1.0 Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin, thank you for your response, but how do I get a ghost disc with 1.2 so I can ghost up to 1.2, and then use the 1.4 that I already have.
Thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest bet is from Kip directly, unless someone is willing to part with theirs

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have to ghost you might as well ghost directly to 1.4 and save a step. Kip is the best place to get it from.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: ghost disc Reply with quote Back to top

If I have the zip file for the 1.4 controller can I just unzip it to a dvd and ghost it from that CD?
Thank You
Alan

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No that's an update patch.
You will need to ghost it to something higher than 1.1.
So it just as easy to ghost it to 1.4. Then update the firmware.
And from what I have been told there will be updates pretty much every quarter. So 1.5 should be out most likely right after Labor Day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: