Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

T1100ps giving a 79:04 error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arlen
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: T1100ps giving a 79:04 error Reply with quote Back to top

Machine will boot up
I send an internal print
The carriage comes off the service station, and starts to print, but before it prints and inch or two on the first line, the carriage heads off to the left side and hits the frame, declaring a 79:04 Error

I'm aware 79:04 is listed as a generic firmware error in the service manual

Firmware has been updated
Service diagnostic tests have been run on the main PCA, Formatter, Carriage, and paper axis.

Anyone seen this? Or knows what causes it?

Thanks

Rapids
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the driver is updated. Then try another file to rule that out. I believe you can send a file from the embedded web server also.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your doing an internal print from the printers control panel then driver is not the issue. Have checked/cleaned the encoder strip?

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: 79:04 T1100 Reply with quote Back to top

Had this on a T610
Bad main PSU box. Someone had replaced it with wrong one for the 610.
These main PSU fail a lot. I have had them also fail on the T2300 as well as the T100 etc.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen generic / refill cartridges cause these types of error codes. Not saying that is definitely your issue but worth a couple seconds to check.

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Checked encoder strip
Use only HP supplies
Decided to bite the bullet and ordered in an OEM PSU and mainboard assembly
We'll see how things go when it arrives.

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New PSU & Main board assembly fixed the problem

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1>>check encoder
2>> remove all catridge and printhead, off and on and try insert the printheads and catridges back (ONLY ORIGINAL).
this helped me once or twice before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: