Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Request can't see other drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Request can't see other drives Reply with quote Back to top

We have one computer with Request 7.2.4 that can't see our production drives. A month ago it could. The drives show up in explorer so I know the computer is seeing the network. I don't see any settings in Request that might correct the issue. I need a clue....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first thing I would try is logging into that PC with a different account. If that works then there is something wrong with the users windows profile. Have you tried run as administrator? Re-install? Replace the PC? Replace the user?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will follow your last suggestion and have the offending employee converted into Soylent Green.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I often find that to be the best solution!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update-Running Request in compatibility mode, Win 7, with the settings suggested by the troubleshooter the other drives show up. Odd thing is that while you can see the files you can't select them. If you click on the red check mark to select all, the check mark will run down the file list individually and still not select a single file.

I have Request 7.2 running on some customer computers, Win 10, without any issues.

I even installed PrintPro from System K and it will open but continues to try and connect to a System K printer preventing any further functionality.

I'm getting too old for this crap...........

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the cure, only tested on Win 10 x64 computers

1. Open regedit

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Policies -> System

3. On the right, you will see ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin, ConsentPromptBehaviorUser ... etc.

4. click on empty space, ADD DWORD(32bit), then name it "EnableLinkedConnections". Double click it and set the data to 1.

5. Reboot and you will see the mapped drives showing.

james
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,
Worked like a Charm.
thanks much for the resolve.

james

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: