Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

tds 400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: tds 400 Reply with quote Back to top

i am still still having problems with the tds 400 as I do not understand....
"when you change the developer, you need to do it in SDS mode and run the developer replacement procedure. This resets the voltages and toner values so the machine knows when to add toner as you print.
Depending on your software load, you may need to have a service laptop connected to the controller to do this with Lotus notes.

do I need a specific oce software to log into the controller ....or just a laptop with Lotus notes....
I have the license and softwares but I still cant solve the problem of light prints ...CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS AS WE ARE MANUALLY APPLYING TONER ...WHEN WE REMOVE TONER SENSOR WIRE IT BEGINS TO PUMP...OCCASSIONALY WE FORGET TO TIME IT AND IT OVERTONES....

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The procedure for new toner should only be run 1 time with new fresh developer.

Running it without fresh developer will throw off the value.

In order to change toner mix density there is a setting that you can change but I will have to look it up for the 400. Basically this value is what is set when you run the procedure for new developer.

Also prior to running the new developer procedure you should have made certain you entered your sensor value (at least it is this this way on the 600,700,750). OCE writes a value on each sensor. By putting this in the system it makes the procedure more accurate.

If you never did this it may be best to leave this alone until you change developer again.

I would just play with the value that affects the density percentage.

Stay tuned.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SDS Test 05-1-001 Display the setpoint of the developer mixture is the value that is created when you run the procedure for new developer.

I don't know which direction this number should go to increase toner mix. You should write down your original value before you mess with this.

Keep in mind it is recommended by OCE that you do not modify this number. Probably because you could end up putting too much toner in the mix and end up overflowing the developer unit. So be careful.

I would probably only change the value 1000 at a time.

I have had to do this on a 700 when there was some flaky stuff going on. I think my mix was so weak that I was making changes of 4000 to 6000 at a time but almost overflowed the unit.

Don't know how the 400 will be affected so just be warned.

Also, YES there is a value for the Sensor itself. (05-1-002 Adjust the sensitivity of the developer sensor) they claim there should be a label on the frame plate of the developer unit on the drive side (I believe it is also on a label on the sensor itself). This is the value that needed entered/checked prior to running test 05-7-001.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: lotus software for oce tds 400 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Gjames for the reply as it put us on track but i dont have lotus.... anyone with the specific Lotus version that can bring me to SDS that i can upload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: