Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP Microscan 400 - software help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy B
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: KIP Microscan 400 - software help Reply with quote Back to top

Newbie here - trying to get a Microscan 400 aperture card scanner working properly again.
It has been installed for years, and no-one seems to know where the orginal software is - and it is clearly out of support.
It basically works, the main problem is to adjust the cropping.
I'm told that a right mouse click in the header used to open the configuration menu - but this does not work.
The help file (Microscan400CB.hlp) is also missing.

Can anyone help to tell me how to get into the configuration menu?
Can anyone send me the hlp file? (or a copy of the install disc would be even better!)

Thanks,
Andy

Techsense
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andy,

This is everything I could find, hope it helps

http://bit.ly/MicroScan400

Andy B

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a star you are!
Zip file downloaded and found the right mouse button bit in the s/w config guide - I'll hopefully get some time tomorrow to try it out.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Andy

Andy B

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having accessed the config settings and tried many things, I have answered some questions but stil have not solved the biggest problem.

We have a batch of aperture cards that have not followed the sizing standards when they were photographed, so the drawing extends beyond the edges of the clear adhesive film on the card and nearly out to the edge of the aperture.
Not a problem with a manual viewer, which is what they were probably originally done for!

If I use Miniscan, I can see the entire frame and confirm the image size - so I know that the scanner is capable of capturing it all.
In Miniscan, the whole image is centred as per the Technical Manual section 9 (although the drawing is offset - but in a direction that should enable me to see it all)
Transferring this size data into Microscan, no matter what else I do, it always crops off the image on one side. It is as though I need to use a -ve figure for X offset (S/w Config section 4.1), but this is not allowed.

Any ideas on which settings I may have missed, or a good workaround would be very welcome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: