Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Toner Missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Toner Missing Reply with quote Back to top

K-System 7970 is giving a Toner Missing error when the cartridge becomes about 1/2 used. (Half empty or half full? Ginger or Mary Ann?) The solution is to put in a new cartridge.

Any ideas? Toner sensor?

Last edited by TXReproShop on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ginger has my vote!
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 7900 has a chip in the cartridge, the 7970 probably does also. We get some cartridges that only get 1/2 empty before reporting as being completely empty. You might ask your vendor if they can return them to Kip or call Kip directly. I have returned them before.

Everyone know it's Mary Anne, not Ginger. I knew Vegas would eventually damage Mark's brain!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mary Ann was a cutie whereas Ginger was just a Hollywood Ho.....The Dynamic Duo
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Last edited by mark in vegas on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have 3 7970's now and it is only one of them doing it. I have both ends of the cartridge "locked" down with velcro like mentioned in another thread and so far - so good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: