Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Toner Cartridges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Toner Cartridges Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:
This is now my 2nd toner cartridge that has shown empty when there is at lease 2/3 rds of the toner left in the cartridge. You can take the cartridge out, it spins freely, but when you put it back in it registers empty. The only way to solve is to install a new cartridge. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Alan

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked out the toner sensor, signal code 0E?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure that the toner spout and the hole is lined up. Also, make sure that the "pin" at the cap of the toner bottle is in the slot and that the cap of the toner bottle is sitting flush against the green lever assy. I had a customer that was experiencing the same thing and everytime I went to check, I could not find anything except a bunch of 1/2 empty toner bottles, because they would change them out so that they could keep printing. I told them that the next time it asked for toner to not touch anything and call me. When I got there, the bottle was not flush against the lever, which means that the spout and the hole are not lined up. I showed them how to properly install a bottle and they said no one ever showed them the proper way, even though I was the one that did the install and am certain I showed them.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: toner prob Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for both of the tips. I am waiting for the machine to run out again to check the cartridge position.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All the new KIP's have an RFID sensor board that reads and writes to a chip inside of the Toner Cartridge. If the toner motor runs for so long and the toner sensor does not read that more toner has been delivered to the developer, then it writes to the chip that the cartridge is empty. You can't reuse that cartridge. KIP first put this in the 9000 and early on we had a lot of half full cartridges we could not use. KIP did issue an RMA for these cartridges back then. I don't know if they will now but it's worth a try.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Toner Cartridges Reply with quote Back to top

I added a velcro strip to hold down the cartridge on the drive end on the lase cartridge we put. We did get the full use out of the cartridge, co I am thinking that the cartridge is raising up and losing drive connection with the drive disc and thus thinking that the cartridge is empty. I know this is a short term fix, but what is causing the cartridge to lose drive connection?
Thank You
Alan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: