Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

wrinkling on 30" and 22" longer prints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: wrinkling on 30" and 22" longer prints. Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 7700 thats started wrinkling with 22" and 30" wide media on longer f and J size prints (8 to 12ft long) The same length prints will print fine on 34" and 36" wide media. I have tried swapping roll positions with no effect. I have also tried adjusting fuser speed adjustments and start times but all that has done is make the 34" wrinkle as well.

I get wrinkling toward the the end of the print (anywhere in the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the prints and its very inconsistent.

The fisrt print always comes out fine but later prints may or may not have wrinkling.
There is no crooked cut issue either.

The odd thing is kips tech support suggested I lower the fuser speeds a bit by lowering the setpoints. This totally makes sense but this just makes wrinkling occur on all sizes when I do it. When I installed this machine a couple years ago I had to bring the 2nd fuser speed setpoint up to 54 from 40 to correct the wrinkling issue? I tried bringing this number down and sure enough the wider media started wrinkling again?

I also tried to adjust the media feed speed and speed it up by raising the number which also just made things worse and introduced a binding/crooked cut problem...

Honestly it seems the adjustments are going in the opposite direction that Im being told by kip support but I know this cant be true?

Any Ideas?

There is a folder attached to this machine to make matters worse but I have removed it from the equation for now.

The wrinkling is also accompanied by light snake deletions in other areas but not the wrinkle which is occuring after the image is laid down. Its also primarily on the left end of the print from the front of the machine. I did mark the fuser nip and try adjusting it with no sucess. and it still doesnt explain why the first print always comes out perfect? my guess is its a registration change after the first print thats effecting everything somehow?

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you had any luck with your problems? I walked in this morning and our in house 7770 is doing almost the exact thing you're describing. I'll work on my end and let you know if I can come up with anything.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hows the fussing section look? A fusser roller or pressure roller that is worn will cause wrinkling on long prints.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I did get a resolution ... sort of...
after wasting hours and hours trying to adjust the various motor speeds (and replacing the pressure roller) to get the 30" wide media to print longer than 5-6ft without wrinkling or deletions, I kept finding while the adjustments I was making were supposed to be for 30" or wider media that it was having no consistent effect on the 30" media...
It was however making my 34" and 36" media wrinkle and jam up terrible once I went back to running it... I found I was able to adjust the 22" 24" 34" and 36" wide media speeds so they would all print 12ft long drawings without issues but it wasnt until I told the machine that my 30" was 34" wide that it would print without wrinkling...

Basically the 30" media adjustments for 30" and wider does not have any effect on the 30" wide media ... The computer just ingnores any A0 speed adjustments when the 30" media is printing. when I skipped over the 30" and adjusted my 24" that adjusted to print fine like the 34 and 36"

After looking up the European media sizes I Think I know why... There are adjustments for AO and wider which the manual states is 30" and wider... and adjustm4ents for A1 and smaller which the manual states as 24" and smaller....

Well A0 is 33" wide and A1 is 23.4" wide but guess what falls in the middle? 30"

Its my belief that when Kip translated the oem manuals they just incorrectly assumed the 30" would fall into the A0 size adjustment bracket . I contacted kip numerous times while trying to figure this out and when I responded to an email from them with my findings they never responded back so hopefully this isnt one of those things they knew about but hoped would go unnoticed. I know they dont support printing anything longer than an 60" (which is another issue altogether) but they shouldnt have the adjustments labeled as such if its simply not correct.

My final solution was to tell the customer they could only run longer 30" prints if they tricked the machine into believing it was wider paper and centered the print...

This was very frustrating and I wasted a lot of time on something I cant believe im the first one to ever see on one of these machines...

Techsense
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what I found while looking for answers!

TIP-K137k-7770k-003 Calibration of 30 Inch Medias

It refers to 03805h F_MTR_P5 as being the adjustment for 30"

This is for the new sys k 7770 and I have a 7770 KS8, but i thought why not look...

I found 4385 F_MTR_P5

I hope this helps !

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Techsense wrote:
This is what I found while looking for answers!

TIP-K137k-7770k-003 Calibration of 30 Inch Medias

It refers to 03805h F_MTR_P5 as being the adjustment for 30"

This is for the new sys k 7770 and I have a 7770 KS8, but i thought why not look...

I found 4385 F_MTR_P5

I hope this helps !
I spent hours playing with this adjustment as well as the other 30" adjustments for "A0 /30 " or wider " This is my point, The manual states there is an adjustment for 30" and wider media but adjusting it has no actual effect on 30" wide media... it states "A0/30" or wider " but A0 size actually starts at 33" wide.

The software ignores these changes it seems on 30" ... once you trick the machine into thinking the 30" media is 34" it then applies the speed changes and prints without wrinkling or deletions... This is because 30" falls between the A0 and A1 adjustments created by the engineers... The 30" media size seems to have been overlooked.

Unfortunately This customer bought the very last 7700 I believe because I installed a 7770 a week later elsewhere. this customer ordered 2 machines together and the 7170 showed up shortly after the 7700 and folder (they were not happy about receiving one older gen machine and one newer machine but thats a different story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: