Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Can't cut 4 mil mylar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Can't cut 4 mil mylar Reply with quote Back to top

Our 7900 has been cutting 4 mil mylar for years. It has suddenly stopped cutting it. Cutter stalls halfway through the cut. I replaced the cutter and the paper gate roller clutch and brake.

I am starting to suspect the brand of mylar. I have 3 machines, 8000, 7000 and 7900 and they all have recently started having issues cutting the 4 mil mylar. They are all using Dietzgen brand mylar.

Anyone have an idea of what I may be missing mechanically? Or maybe an issue with Dietzgen mylar?
Anyone using Dietzgen mylar without problem?

Scott

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Scott did you ever get this resolved? I have a 7000 that is having trouble cutting 4 mil mylar now. I'm not sure of the brand but I will check on my next visit.

Techsense
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

From past experience, some mylar branded 4 mil is actually 4.5mil and that caused issues

KIP seems to like 4 mil or less

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We never did get it to work. The production guys just run the matte film on the old 8000. I know we never had this problem with the Oce film but I can't convince management to spend the extra to check.

What brand are you using?

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are using 4mil double matte from RB Converting. So far so good on one of the new 7970's.

But when I had a couple of the original 7000's they would not cut mylar - and if I remember correct - even when new gave problems. So the jobs that required mylar were always done on a 8000 and later on a 9000.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is the Dietzgen brand. I cleaned and lubed the cutter because it hadn't been done in quite awhile and needed it. Still won't cut it though. I'm going to try some 3.5mil and see how that does. I noticed in the manual the Starprint 7000 is spec'd for 3.5 and the 7000 4.0. Seems odd.

Thanks everyone for the replies and I'll let you know where I wind up with this.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After putting in Oce 3.5mm the printer has been working fine. Thanks everyone for your help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: