Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 860 thoughts (1 month later)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman96
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: KIP 860 thoughts (1 month later) Reply with quote Back to top

Managed to get the KIP 860 setup and calibrated. I believe I over thought the calibration and it took longer than it should have. Once setup was completed we began using the 860 and it has become quite popular. Seems to be very thrifty on toner so far and the colors are pretty bold for dry toner. It can print IPhone photos at spectacular sizes and at a quality and speed that is fascinating to see.

We have ran several of those large (500 to 600 sheet) jobs and have had only one hiccup when the 860's print spooler indicated that one job was "intermediate". I believe this was supposed to mean the job was interrupted. At any rate we just deleted it from the print history and restarted the machine and all was forgiven. Our production person really likes the 860 and took to it pretty quickly.

As of today I am satisfied that the 860 should do well in our customer locations. I am not a salesman but I play one here in this business. That said, I am fairly certain that we will never be able to convince our customers to spring for a 60k canon page wide system even if we could get one (which we can't). They will however spend 30k on the 860 if they see how quickly it can produce their color prints.

All in all I give KIP high marks on the 860 and its fairly smooth implementation into our print shop. I am really looking forward to placing them in our customer's offices and having them become "Indispensable".

This is a little difficult for a former XEROX junkie to say but Good job KIP!

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have 6 of them installed and all are running great, customers just love them. Have yet to have a service call on any of them except for the toner upgrade, and that was done on all the machines in one day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: