Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 with crooked cutting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: 3000 with crooked cutting Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 3000 that cuts crooked. I have tried to adjust the fuser speed for all paper sizes used and the issue gets better but then I get a drum drag at the trail edge. I have also replaced the fusing section. I still have my issue. Has anyone run into anything like this and is fuser speed the only thing that regulates how the paper is cut?

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a height guide on the cutter it's self. Maybe that will help.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A slow moving cutter will cause this. Clean and lube(lightly) the cutter blades and track the cutter runs in. Have a band aid handy.....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a KIP3000 that was cutting the paper at an angle as if everysheet was swinging left to right. It only happened on long prints though. Any sheets shorter than 24", the cut would be fine. It was because the rollers on the Resist Roller 1 (Part #Z051100630) was slick and I also replaced the Clutch Brake Assy (Part# 4612N-0). It is up to you to replace or clean up the Resist roller1. That corrected my issue right away and this was after I chased the issue for a month, checking fuser section, paper path, spindles, cutter did nothing to fix it.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Adding the part numbers was a big help. It's been a long time since training and I don't remember resist rolls being mentioned, could be I was asleep when that was covered. How big of a PIA are they to replace?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually they are very easy: Open clam; take side covers off; take out the Cover 11 (Z050400180) where the little digital display resides; take the two guide plate #2 (Z051100460) and guide plate #4 (Z051101620) off that cover the Resist Roller shaft (screws on either side); remove clips on shaft; move bearings away from cutouts; take clutch off left side and Clutch Brake Assy off right side..done. Sorry, easier said than done and I probably left out a few steps but it's pretty easy.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very helpful, thanx

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For what it's worth the rollers didn't help on this one. Replaced the cutter assy @ 239k ......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: