Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

cyan blotches at side of page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: cyan blotches at side of page Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone. My KC80 is leaving cyan blotches at the edge of the page. I went and cleaned all the wires etc for each color but it is still doing it. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
David

Krizzy
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would clean the developer rolls first.

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they run a LOT of smaller width paper, then you run some wide paper, you'll see this. carefully wipe the mag roller clean, if it is contaminated the middle of the mag roller will look more dull than the outside of the mag roller. I had one that had 2 million + square feet in less than 4 years and I was all the time having to clean the mag rollers because 90% of their printing was on 24" wide paper. I used a scotch brite pad to clean them and carefully vacuuming out the debris. After you finish, it's a good idea to go back through the calibration again.

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Krizzy and P,
I am new at this and it is our own machine. We don't have maint. on it so I am the tech. Krizzy, which ones are the developer rollers and how do you get to them and what do you clean them with? Sorry for all the questions.
P - We barely ever run anything other than 36" wide paper. Do you have any other ideas I should look at? Forgot to mention, I took a picture with my phone showing the cyan blotches. They are about 10 - 11 inches apart and on the right side as you are standing at the output tray. I don't know how to post a picture to show you though.
Thank you both for your help. The more I learn about this thing the fewer questions I will have.
Sincerely,
David

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has the machine sat a lot? Low volume?

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The volume is pretty low but it seems to have cleared up by itself.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having somewhat same issue, but with the black. I'm having a repeat of a small cloud of black on the left edge of 36" (standing in front of printer). The repeat is almost exactly 11" apart, which couldn't possibly be the mag or dev. roller, even thought I cleaned them both including the cleaning blade. At 11" space, the most likely culprit would be the drum but I swapped the drum with cyan and still getting black cloud repeats. The cloud is about 1.5" round and is very light. Also, I did a dead stop in mid-print and the cloud starts at the black assy, so I know it's not the fuser roller or fuser section. Any suggestions?

james
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dlee,
You might try turning off AutoSurf for black in user mode, then adjust it in adv service mode and lower the charge on black. I think you have to raise the number to lower the charge.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James, I turned of the Autosurf and adjusted the charge. I raised the charge # and got streaks all over the prints. Lowered it and the streaks went away, along with this troublesome cloudy blotch. However, that side where the blotch was, the black started to get a bit light. Funny that I ended up putting the number back to where it was originally but the cloudy smudge did not return. Awesome.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you leave Autosurf off on black? I get quality problems if the room is real cold, then warms up mid day and I have to turn off AS. I think the charge on mine climbs too high. Usually on one color. So I'll leave AS off on that color. It's supposed to adjust charge as the room temp changes, so leaving it off works for me.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I left it off and haven't had any complaints yet but thanks for the heads up if there is any issues, I'll try turning on the AS to see if it helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: