Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Machine pulling paper through the machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Machine pulling paper through the machine Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I had a customer call me and said he put in a new 36" roll in roll 1 and when he closed it. It started to unroll the roll and spit it out the back. After about 15' he shut it off. I went in, cleared it, checked everything and restarted the machine. No problems.

Today, Another customer called and said that he put in a new roll of 36''. He noticed that the paper was dropping a couple of times. Then when he finally got it, he left the room to do something and came back and there was about 50' of the paper sitting behind the printer, he had to kill the printer. I went in and cleared everything, checked everything and restarted the machine. On start up, I noticed that KIPWatch starts, then the UI, before Unattend opens. I don't think this is the proper sequence. You should see Unattend open before the UI opens.

Both machines have the spacer on the left of the drawer out. Both also have the shims and the updated spindle grippers from TB 17 & 19. Anyone have a suggestion?

brink56
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For whatever reason when this machine doesn"t recognize how much paper is left on the roll it feeds paper out until the roll is empty. I had a machine doing this same thing except it would print out about 11" of the job, cut it, then feed out the rest of the roll. If you look at total in the job info it would have a ?. Replaced the photosenser that reads the encoder for amount of paper left and it went away. Hope this helps.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok this is an old post but I got the same problem even if I replace the gripper kit on both paper roll, change wheel sensor, add shim on spool shaft, clean/replace clutchs....

I have no more ideas, is anyone have another suggestions here ?

Thanks

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Software upgrade. What versions are u running? I know there was a version that did this.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7.2.348 version, the last one for 3000'machines

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you've already replaced everything else, I would make sure the paper core is tight on the spindle. When the machine pulls the paper from the paper drawer, it looks to see if the spindle is turning. If the core is tight on the spindle, the "pull sensors" and the spindle sensor should move in sequence. Once the pull sensors pull and the spindle sensor doesn't move (due to a loose core, loose paper on core or end of roll), the printer will think that it has pulled the last remaining few feet of paper off the core and what it does is pull the paper through the machine. The problem with this is that when it's not the end of the roll, the machine will continue to pull the paper until the paper sensor tells the printer that there is no more paper. Always make sure you are unable to spin the spindle inside of the paper core before installing into printer. I've also seen where the paper core, itself, is loose in the paper roll, this will have the same effect, of course.

PDS_tech
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello All,

My first post. I work with a KIP 3000. I have learned how to use the machine from reading all of your old posts when issues have come up and have gone to a tech when I could not find an answer.

I have this same issue when I insert a new roll of paper whether it be 30 inches or 36 inches. When I first try to print on a new roll, the machine will pulls paper through the machine until I stop it. I end up going back and forth with the printer, many times until it sees and feeds the roll normally. Cutting off the paper it feed through and trashing it. Can anyone explain the shim method.

thank you in advance

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had one that had a bad connection where the connector on the drawer meets the connector on the frame.

Interlock switches for the fuser/exit door has given me some strange issues. Worth a try if nothing else helps.

The shims make the spindle fit tighter into the drawer. The end cap of the spindle and the plastic housing the spindle fits into are what gives the spindle the friction it needs to work correctly. With a close to empty roll the spindle is able to work it's way up enough that the gears don't mesh, making the machine see the spindle as not turning.

Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: