Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Anyone get the new color machine yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Anyone get the new color machine yet? Reply with quote Back to top

The Kon/Min dealer I buy from has an 860 on order for me but says they are not in the states yet. First told me they would ship on Oct 26, now telling me they still aren't in the USA.

Does anyone have any information on delivery?

I don't want to lose this deal !

Thanks in advance

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Kip rep that we've talked to says that we aren't getting our first machine until the end of November at the earliest.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got my 860 this week. Have it half set up. Hope to finish it tomorrow.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to hear you got one. Are you with Kip or a dealer?

My friend that went to the school said it is a 2 day setup. Special engineering level, 2 men needed to service, etc etc.

Please report back how things go. I will be with my friend when we set up my customer's 860 (if we ever get it ! Haha)

Thanks

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a dealer and it's my first set up so its going a little slow.

I'm through book 1 of 3 of the set up so far. It's about 150 pages long.

You will need the special water level, but you need it for any KIP color machines. 2 people for the leveling is nice also instead of having to go back and forth from side to side. And (2) 24mm wrenches and (2) levels would have been nice if there were 2 people.

Also you WILL need a really long screw driver. 16" min. And better make sure the tip is magnetized really good. I dropped a screw into the machine reinstalling the fuser unit and had to rip the entire fuser off the machine again. My bad.

My take up to now.

Two people will make the entire install much easier. I had help getting the machine inside but the rest I have been solo so far taking my time.

Machine is heavy. Really heavy. You will need a forklift to get it off the pallet and I have only had to do that with C7800 & 940's. 9900 I can get off the pallets with no problem. I can't think of a way around the forklift so far that will keep the machine safe. at a customers site that doesn't have a forklift this is going to be an issue and I haven't figured out a game plan for that yet. I'm open to ideas.

Since the machine is so heavy it doesn't roll real good over door thresholds. Usually I use a hand truck to help them over door ways or seams that the casters might get stuck in. It bent my hand truck. I ended up using my narrow pallet jack to move the machine: It fit between the casters and made moving the machine really easy. I had to go up one step as well which was fun.

I had to remove the fuser section to get it in my demo room. I made the mistake of following the service manual to remove the fuser unit and took it apart more than really needed. If you just slide it out and lift it in the right spots it would have only taken half the time. Service manual is missing a few steps if you follow it.

Pay attention to how much space between the rear wall and the back of the machine. I put mine 24" from the wall do to space issues. Further away is better.

Leveling the machine is just like leveling all KIP color. Take your time and do it right and down the road it will pay off. I let mine sit over night and rechecked this morning and it was way off. When you put the level on the rear for left right level. The level is pretty hard to see with the fuser unit on. I think if I ever have to remove the fuser unit to get it into someplace I will leave it off. Level it then put it back on.

Top feeder unit does not come on the machine. If you have had to do one on a 7770 it's easier but would have been nice doing this with a second person and again more space between the machine and the wall.

The rest of the first install book is pretty basic stuff. Installing the monitor, covers etc. went pretty fast.

So far the biggest hassle has been moving the machine. If you have nice wide doors and nice smooth linoleum tile and no door thresholds getting the machine into place would be a dream. Any sort of threshold, steps or even the seam of an elevator if you don't have some steel plates to lay down its hard. My office door is 36". With the fuser off the machine is about 30". I didn't feel like taking the door off and with it open all the way it was only 33". So I only had 1 1/2 inches on either side. Tight fit when your trying to get it over the threshold. I put a packing blanket over the machine to keep it from getting scratched which was good cause I did hit the door frame once.

2nd install will be easier, since I'm making the mistakes with my machine and no customers watching as I do screw up. I would guess from unboxing the machine till I stopped I maybe have 4-5 hours into the set up so far. That includes having to remove the fuser section 1 time to get it into my demo room and once to look for a screw I dropped into the machine when putting the fuser section back on. (Magnetize the screw driver) if you drop the top fuser screws when trying to put them into the machine they fall into the machine.

Tomorrow afternoon I will start book 2. Setting up the process units.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tips. Good stuff and a lot of help!

That is great you were able to get one. I guess being a dealer has it's benefits. Not sure if it matters but I'm buying from a Konica Minolta dealer, wonder if they are last to get them. I know they are considered Kip dealers but let's face it copiers is their main business.

My customer has one step then through 36" door, straight onto linoleum floor.

They do have a forklift available, can that help at all getting onto step, getting into bldg, etc. ?

Machine is being delivered to dealer first then they will deliver to my customer. Their guy fresh out of school with set up and I will help. They have a 16ft liftgate truck, do you suggest using my customers forklift to take off truck or the liftgate? Personally I don't trust those small truck liftgates.

Hoping to get machine end of next week.

Thanks again

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any use of a forklift is great. I have boards to make ramps up step etc, but a forlift will always make life easier. I wouldn't use a small lift gate. Since the machine is so heavy as soon as you go to lower it they tend to jerk a little and if that thing starts to roll like most KIP machine it's going to keep rolling. If you have a forklift at both places I'd use it.

Techsense
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was curious about the weight! Checked the Specs

Looks like the 800 is lighter... But not by much!

KIP 940 1,190 lbs. (540 kg)
KIP 850 1,070 lbs / 485 kg
KIP 860 1,125 lbs / 510 kg
KIP 870 1,170 lbs / 530 kg

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! feel sorry for anyone trying to get this up steps.

Will use forklift for sure. No small truck tailgates!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It deceiving being so small. A C7800/940 is big so 1200 lbs is to be expected. 860 is about the size of a 9900 and is only 75 lighter.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We got ours in, it had a real bad bug in it.
A spring fell off shorting out the transfer roller for the black.
Once we got by that, finished the set up and it runs great,
The prints look fantastic.
Plan on two days for set up, even if things go smoothly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: