Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

C7800 wrinkle problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: C7800 wrinkle problems Reply with quote Back to top

I need help. I am baffled at this point. I have done a lot but am missing something. I am getting wrinkes and also worm like lines. It seems to just wrinkle more as the prints run. Here is a photo.

I have went through the tech tips that pertain to this problem.

Also getting this as well. I have cleaned the machine from top to bottom. we didn't get this at all until late summer. Not sure what has caused it. I went through all of out settings in service mode and seem to be set the same as when we got the machine. Here is the other picture of what we get that i went throught the tech tip that pertained to this as well.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She looks like she could use some lotion on those wrinkles.

Have you tried using another roll of paper?

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol yup i have.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I'm not trained on the 7800, only 80 but does it have a humidity switch? But I'm sure it there was one, you'd of tried that already also.

Could be pressure related or speed related, even though that's a very broad range..

You could print a long sheet and stop it in midprint to see where the wrinkles actually start. I'm guessing if the top of her head is the LE, you'd want to find out if it's consistent with the length from LE to where wrinkles start or from where wrinkles start to TE. I've seen where the print is good when the paper is tight from spindle to LE but as soon as the paper is cut, the paper speed changes and can create voids and wrinkles. I've seen this in the old 8K/9K and I had to slow the paper feed speed.

But, I'll let someone with more experience with the 7800 chime in....Good luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: