Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7970 Digital noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: 7970 Digital noise Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy everyone. We have an in house 7970 that for some reason on occasion will print what I call digital noise. Random line patterns on the print, looks like garbled data. It does this with prints sent to the printer and internal prints as well. So I can't blame PLP.

I am thinking some sort of ground issue with the L.E.D. head making or not making contact with the ground tab on the charge assembly?? Not sure really...

It is intermittent too!!

Any clues? Let me know.

Lead Guitarist.[/img]

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be a cable or ground on the Interface section of the machine.

Could be the Interface Board PW13720 or the LED HEAD Interface Board PW13421 or any cables in between.

Also could be the KIP controller IF board or cable.

I believe I have seen similar things happen on a KIP 8000 and a KIP 3620.

You can't rule out the Power Supplies and connectors that feed power to any of the boards in the Interface System.

And I believe on one of the KIP 8000 machines that did this the DC Controller actually fixed it.

And yes do check your LED grounds.

I think there was a Tech Bulletin on that one. Not sure if it caused digital noise as you described it.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is related but back when the software started to have the historical queue in the IPS, when the customers filled the queue, you would send a print and then 1/4 of the print would print, then you'd get garbled data zig zags down the rest of the print. This was a couple years ago, on a KIP3000 and it was random. I know that the historical queue is "supposed" to purge itself when new jobs are added but it wasn't. I had to delete everything in the historical queue and the issue went away. Even KIP assisted me on that and even told me that this is what it was.

I'm not sure, but it could be software related and not electrical. I'm not much of a software guy but you could look at the files that are being sent and see if there is any pattern, maybe a larger file might be bogging the controller. Maybe the controller needs some purging/cleaning up somewhere. Just a thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: