Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New Kip color model?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx CHILLIN. Too bad the covers are on, I'd like to see what makes it go.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Thanx CHILLIN. Too bad the covers are on, I'd like to see what makes it go.

Gerbils.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Richard Gere would like that....... Shocked
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kip updated their website and has all of the 800 series models on it

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is the price on the Pagewide? Had the local designated dealer come by yesterday with some info, but would not talk $$$$.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bigger question should be does the Pagewide actually work. I've been to 2 shows to see it in action and it wasn't working both times.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CHILLIN wrote:
Bigger question should be does the Pagewide actually work. I've been to 2 shows to see it in action and it wasn't working both times.

Personally I would stay away from the HP Pagewide until this has been settled out.

http://3dprintingindustry.com/2015/08/12/hp-sued-by-memjet-for-patent-infringement-in-mjf-3d-printing-tech/

If you buy a Pagewide and this goes badly for HP you will be stuck with an expensive paperweight.

Even if HP is allowed to keep the existing Pagewide units that are out in the field they won't continue development and they won't give much in the way of support if they loose the lawsuit.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Memjet lawsuit has a 0% chance of succeeding, it is a last ditch effort to save a doomed company. It will most likely get thrown out. However until we see how these HP printheads are going to hold up I would hold off on getting one.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GR81 wrote:
The Memjet lawsuit has a 0% chance of succeeding, it is a last ditch effort to save a doomed company. It will most likely get thrown out. However until we see how these HP printheads are going to hold up I would hold off on getting one.

I am not sure why you say they have a 0% chance of success.

There are a total of 8 patents that HP is in violation of according to the suit.

All they need is for 1 of those patents to be violated and HP will go down.

See for yourself. http://www.memjet.com/news/view/memjet-files-lawsuit-alleging-patent-infringement-by-hewlett-packard

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Because HP invented the printhead and are using their own technology. I've already talked to several people in the know.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GR81 wrote:
Because HP invented the printhead and are using their own technology. I've already talked to several people in the know.

Yeah I have heard that same argument.

But I have seen patent lawsuits time and time again go a different direction then you would think they would.

The best HP can hope for is to settle out of court.

HP didn't set a precedent by suing MemJet when they received their patents nor did HP sue MemJet when they released their products.

My point isn't about who invented the printhead or who has rights to the technology.

My point is now that it's in the Patent courts and MemJet literally has 8 legitimate patents and have actually created and are currently selling a product based on those patents it will be hard pressed to convince a judge all of those patents don't matter.

Nothing good can come of the lawsuit. And my point was I wouldn't buy an HP considering the murky waters ahead.

I would wait for the dust to settle before spending significant treasure on the PageWide or similar product from HP.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you can go less than 0%.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also the reports that the new HP's can print at a lower cost than the KIP's is total BS. They are using funny math, for one thing they are not factoring in the cost of the equipment plus they are doubling the cost of service on the KIP's. So if you run into these numbers, call them on it.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GR81 wrote:
Also the reports that the new HP's can print at a lower cost than the KIP's is total BS. They are using funny math, for one thing they are not factoring in the cost of the equipment plus they are doubling the cost of service on the KIP's. So if you run into these numbers, call them on it.

I heard about that.

Does anyone have realistic numbers on printhead life yet also?

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HP is claiming 36000 ml of ink at the Graph Expo.
Probably won't know real world numbers until these are running in the field for awhile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: