Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

940 Install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: 940 Install Reply with quote Back to top

Is a forklift really needed for the install??
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably to remove it from pallet that it ships on.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I guess I need to locate a forklift rental. Don't know why we couldn't just tip it over, take off the pallet and stand it back up. What could possibly go wrong.....

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea.

We have done it before w/o a forklift by removing the cardboard, removing the "blocks" that hold the machine in place on the pallet, then working it off the pallet using some other lumber as ramp. (I think recently on our 7970 I used the ramps from one of the race car trailers) It took some prying with a 2x4 on the frame, but it worked and did no damage.

Now saying that, I do not know if it will work that way with a 940. I have only used that method on a couple of 5-6-7000's and a 7970.

Or you can go to local beer store and hire some help to set it off.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's always a bunch of people hanging around the local Home Depot.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,
I've never used a forklift to get a machine off the shipping pallet till the C7800/940. I was concerned about how top heavy it is and tilting it. Tweek the machine and it will never run right. I have been using Hertz Equipment rentals. They deliver the forklift in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day. Runs about $450, but makes everything easy and if you plan to rent it before you order the machine if you need lift gate delivery you save that cost.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll call around to see if they'll rent one without the operator having a license.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: