Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

30" paper having issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postnetnc133
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: 30" paper having issues Reply with quote Back to top

When we run 30" paper from roll 1 or 2 it would crease the paper in the paper feeder before it got to the fuser as we see the void in the print. After playing around printing on different papers and swapping drawers and different size rolls of paper we narrowed it down to 30" rolls and now we finally have a paper jam error message in the paper feeder but we looked all over and do not see any jam or loose paper anywhere. We took the paper out fed in the paper again and still same jam error message.

KIP 3100

postnetnc133
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATE

ok so now it says paper jam where the paper feeder is but I can not for the life of me find any jam at all at the paper feeder.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is the jam code? You can remove the little cover beneath the meter on the right side and it'll give you a jam error code. But if you know it and there is no paper present at the sensor, take the sensor out and clean it or replace it. Some sensors are interchangeable, find another and swap them and see if the other errors occur.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP has always has issues with the optical sensors in the paper drawers. I have personally seen 12 machines new from the factory where these sensors were not installed properly and had to tear down each drawer to correctly install/position them.

I have also experienced on KIPs the paper path is not to tolerance and have had to bend/tweak the metal in the middle to eliminate the paper dragging on the metal.

Every machine I have done this to has works nearly flawlessly afterwards and for the life of the machine.

Also the sockets on the KIP drawers are awful and have found on machines that have some usage on them where I have to bend the terminals in the sockets to make better contact to the plugs when the drawers are shut.

Many times this was the fix instead of replacing the drawer clutches.

Also I have seen the Idler Roller Cups/Holders broken and no longer hold the Idler Roller against the Feed Roller and you get intermittent paper feed issues.

KIP has in my opinion always had poorly designed paper drawers.

Can't say for sure if your problem is related to this but it's worth looking into.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: