Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9000 developer housing and toner contamination.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: 9000 developer housing and toner contamination. Reply with quote Back to top

So as you are aware the Kip 9000 developer housing is way different than the 8000. One difference is there is no cover/hood over the developer roll like there is on a 8000. In my opinion this is why the 9000 runs so dirty and my problem is it contaminates the l.e.d. head and causes a thin dust of toner that degrades the print quality on light grey lines. If left uncleaned it will make those lines disappear. We have very strict image quality standards and I have tried putting a 8000 cover on a 9000 dev unit. It does not fit.

So I am asking if anyone has tried to fabricate a cover that will fit? I am going to attempt this and will let everyone know if it works?? Also the new 7970 also has an ommited cover on the developer housing?? What gives Kip?

John B.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dealing with the same thing here on the 9000, so if you come up with a cover let me know. Also have a 7970 that it seems I am cleaning the printhead on a lot.

On your question on the 8000 forum about the rolls cutting weird. I did all the clutches and had the same issues. Put on a new chain, gears and bearing and it seemed to take of it.

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Replaced chain, I will look at the gears, when I come up with a cover I will post the results!

John B.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, we have actually modified a 8000 cover to use on the 9900. It can be done.

And, yes it does help.

I do not understand why KIP has not included one for the 9900. It really needs it.

The finer toners dust like crazy.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can easily use a dust cover off the 8000 on the 9000/9900. There are a couple things you will need to do to make this work. You have to drill new holes directly below the original holes. The new holes are 5/8 from the top to the center of your new hole. You will need to make sure the dust cover is grounded from the frame also. I did this by putting a strip of electrical tape on the back where it screws onto the frame and using plastic screws. I did take a few pictures. message me your email if you would like to see. I think I could mass produce these using plastic. I will let you know how that goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: