Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9900 cleaning roller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: 9900 cleaning roller Reply with quote Back to top

Just a question to see if anyone has tried this, either by accident or on purpose. I replaced the drum on our in house 9900 last week, got side tracked with phone calls while putting the machine back together, but once I finished it and ran the test prints I noticed the gray scales looked much darker and the overall prints were better than I've seen on this machine. The next day I was getting ready to walk out the door and I looked to the left and noticed a cleaning roller resting against the wall. I had forgotten to put it back in the 9900 the previous day. I expected the machine to have all kinds of toner dusting issues once I opened it up but it was spotless. I decided to leave the cleaning roller out and see what happens. Drum has no toner haze on it and charge wire/grid is clean. Any thoughts on this anyone?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're the test pilot, keep us posted.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's the sq/ft on the machine. I've always wondered what the life expectancy was of the cleaning roller. If your roller was old it might make sense. I've run 8000/9000/9900 without the roller in for a day or two till I relized I forgot to put it I but never longer than that.
I'd be curious how it does long term.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This machine has 4.5 million squares on it. It tends to dust the printhead and charge corona assy quite often which requires DV roller scrubbing, replacement or entire DV unit replacement more often than I'd like. It still has the original cleaning roller.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to give everyone an update on how well this machine is running without the cleaning roller, I've noticed from time to time there may be a double image further down the page when running prints with large title blocks, it does not happen very often. I decided to put the roller back in, but when I pulled the charge assembly it was absolutely spotless, unlike before when it would be coated with toner. The print quality looked bad with the roller installed so I took it back out. I'll keep posting further updates when I have them.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It has been over a month since my last update on how this thing performs without the cleaning roller installed. The printhead does still get some toner on it every couple of weeks, approx every 75k sq ft that requires a cleaning, but the charge corona unit is virtually spotless. Once every other week or so there is a gray band on a print job that I believe is caused by not having the cleaning roller installed, but it runs to much cleaner and the print quality is much better without it, so I will continue testing it without the roller installed.

mthtech
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Cleaning Roller Reply with quote Back to top

I have 4 printers running without them for about two months, and your are right the main charge corona is spotless ans last longer between wire changing. I'm sure their is a reason for the cleaning roller but I have yet to find it. I have 2=9000s and 2=9900s.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mine has been running all this time with virtually zero problems. About a year or so after this model was released Kip did an update to it that required a new style developer unit and every type of bias voltage to be reversed. It makes me wonder if they got that right in regards to the cleaning roller functioning properly. I just know the machine runs much cleaner now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: