Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Random intermitant jamming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Random intermitant jamming Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, the 8000, 9000 and 9900 sections should be combined.

This would apply to any one of the 3 KIP king size printers, 8/9/9900. Our production 9000 has random jamming through the day. Unfortunately I am never here to witness it happen but have seen where it jams and what it is doing. It never seems to be from any drawer and although it seems to happen more often when it sits, it has happened during runs. The lead edge usually makes it out our of the cutter and does not seem to have any damage. I have even witnessed it get stuck just in the cutter. I have thoroughly cleaned the cutter and checked it's operation. The paper still in the drawer seems to want to keep feeding since it has according like folds in it. This printer is in a tight area and I have not moved it away from the wall to visually check the drive to see if there is any obvious issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A couple things I have had cause an intermitten "jam code" but no physical jam occured was the fusser exit sensor (tighten the spring) a door interlock switch having an intermitten connection (meter or replace the door interlock switches). If it alwayse stops at the cutter then I would lightly grease the cutter boss and oil the blade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: