Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7100 Quality issues and error messages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: 7100 Quality issues and error messages Reply with quote Back to top

Good day to all

i have a 7100 with some severe copy quality issues. It started off with ghost/double images. The guys that attended don't know the machine too well (neither do i but i try a little harder) and went to all the wrong places for the fault. most notably loosening the regulation roller, turning the mag roller and tightening it again. this resulted in ghosting and a shade. i managed to semi-sort out the shading when i attended but the ghosting remained a problem.

Finally after speaking to the agents I was advised to rather place a loan device and take the device to a workshop environment. I shipped the loan, a 3000, and at installation, when you power it on, just as the machine is supposed to start cycling, it drops the trip switch at the Mains. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

This customer is a good 3 - 3.5 hour drive away and i didnt have time to play around. out of desperation i swapped the dev unit between the 3000 and 7100 and to my surprise it worked. The ghost image was still there but much lighter and adjusting the dev bias helped resolve it. what i did note is that a part of the trailing edge, about 2 - 3 inches, was very light though. the customer wasnt too concerned over it and said i mustnt worry about it. I swapped the hopper units so although the 7100 now has a 3000 dev, it has a 7100 hopper. The machine has been running OK for the past 3 weeks, but now today the customer complained that every morning when he arrives the machine states "charger error". He cycles the power and then he can work for the remainder of the day, until the next morning when he returns to work and the error is back again.

firstly, any ideas on what can be done about this error?

Second, is it advisable to leave the 3000 dev in this machine?

I would appreciate any help or advise. Thanks in advance

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The charger error can mean different things.

I am not familiar with the specific details on the 7100. I know it's basically a KIP 3100 with some improvements.

You need the actual machine error codes to determine which unit is shorting.

On the 3000 there was a plastic cover panel that covers where the machine codes display. You are looking for an "E" code. E-51-xx the "xx" will determine which unit is shorting.

This could be the main charge, transfer/separation charge, bias/developer charge.

As for keeping the 3000 dev in this machine I don't know. I know when the 3000 was released they very quickly updated the developer because of some issues with it. I personally have a brand new 3000 throwing E-51 codes for the developer and KIP ended up sending us an updated developer and that solved the issue.

If there are significant differences in the developer you installed to what was released with the 7100 this could cause an issue.

Again someone with this specific knowledge will have to chime in on that.

I would say on the 7100 developer you need to inspect closely the Gears, specifically the one that drives the regulation roller. If it's the same as the 3000 they tend to fail. The Collar has a plastic gear molded on it and this splits and spins on the collar and the regulation shaft stops turning.

It's hard to tell without really getting close with a light and turning the gears.

If it is this gear the fix should be simple. Replace the gear, vacuum off the excess toner. Make sure the Tension for the regulation roller is set properly and your done.

Worse case scenario is the Developer roller needs cleaned or replaced.

New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To update, we've been back to site with a tech from the agents and managed to get the 3000 working. the 7100 is currently sitting in our workshop. they recommend that we do a dev kit, but all due respect, I'm not entirely convinced. Now that I have it here and can work on it at leisure, I've decided to strip down the dev and service it. It was like new by the time i was done with it. the rollers didnt show anything to be worried about. The mag roller was still matt and not glossy, the regulation roller looked good and was getting cleaned by the blade, and the gap was set properly too. I've attached a sample print of what the print looks like. the top of the page is the leading edge when exiting the machine. the gap between the re-occurrence looks to me like the drum. what throws me a bit is that the re-occurrence does not move. on every print it sits on the exact same place. i've run blank prints too and they still show up.

Link to sample print

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3ttry0swbf28sm/Temp00002.PDF?dl=0[/img]

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New2KIP wrote:
To update, we've been back to site with a tech from the agents and managed to get the 3000 working. the 7100 is currently sitting in our workshop. they recommend that we do a dev kit, but all due respect, I'm not entirely convinced. Now that I have it here and can work on it at leisure, I've decided to strip down the dev and service it. It was like new by the time i was done with it. the rollers didnt show anything to be worried about. The mag roller was still matt and not glossy, the regulation roller looked good and was getting cleaned by the blade, and the gap was set properly too. I've attached a sample print of what the print looks like. the top of the page is the leading edge when exiting the machine. the gap between the re-occurrence looks to me like the drum. what throws me a bit is that the re-occurrence does not move. on every print it sits on the exact same place. i've run blank prints too and they still show up.

Link to sample print

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3ttry0swbf28sm/Temp00002.PDF?dl=0[/img]

Have you tried changing the drum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: