Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Won't scan in color with color keycodes and sleep mode issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> 600 Scanner Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetroMatthew
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Won't scan in color with color keycodes and sleep mode issue Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone. This is my first post on here. I have a KIP 600 scanner that will not scan in color. The key code is entered but when I look at the list of options a color option does not appear (at the same time on the scan screen the color option is available). When I attempt to scan in color the scanner grabs the drawing but will not feed it through. The screen flashes back and forth acting like it is going to start but stopping short of actually scanning the drawing.

A secondary issue I am having is after the scanner has not been in use for 5 to 10 mins, the customer will have to restart the scanner before it recognizes that you have inserted a drawing to be scanned. KIP has told me that there is no fix for this since you can't turn off the sleep mode on a 600. I wanted to see if anyone has fixed this issue.

I have already replaced both the main PCB for the scanner and the IPS on the 5000 (for an unrlelated issue). These problems existed before I replaced these parts and continue to be a problem.

Thanks,
Matthew

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Won't scan in color with color keycodes and sleep mode i Reply with quote Back to top

MetroMatthew wrote:
Hey everyone. This is my first post on here. I have a KIP 600 scanner that will not scan in color. The key code is entered but when I look at the list of options a color option does not appear (at the same time on the scan screen the color option is available). When I attempt to scan in color the scanner grabs the drawing but will not feed it through. The screen flashes back and forth acting like it is going to start but stopping short of actually scanning the drawing.

A secondary issue I am having is after the scanner has not been in use for 5 to 10 mins, the customer will have to restart the scanner before it recognizes that you have inserted a drawing to be scanned. KIP has told me that there is no fix for this since you can't turn off the sleep mode on a 600. I wanted to see if anyone has fixed this issue.

I have already replaced both the main PCB for the scanner and the IPS on the 5000 (for an unrlelated issue). These problems existed before I replaced these parts and continue to be a problem.

Thanks,
Matthew

You may need to verify calibration with a laptop. You will need a calibration sheet and the software and drivers on your laptop/computer.

Federalgraphics Ben
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a similar problem when I had to upgrade the OS of my IPS from windows xp to windows 7. I could enter the keycode and it would accept it but I could not get into the calibration screen and when I tried to scan it did exactly as you described. Finally kip had to issue me a new color keycode and that fixed my problem. It was not an easy task convincing them to issue a new code, they are very protective of them. I think I spoke to everyone up there before I got what I needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> 600 Scanner Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: