Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 7100 unsolvable "grinding noise" when printing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigC
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Kip 7100 unsolvable "grinding noise" when printing Reply with quote Back to top

We have had the service technician, many times, come to fix our Kip 7100 of a "grinding" noise when the machine runs. The noise stops when the cutter is active; however, it is a continuous loud whining, grinding noise when the printer is running. The technician has not been able to locate the problem and has "fixed" it by cleaning, repairing various rollers, drum, feeders, etc on the machine. He fixes, the noise comes back. Usually the first 2 or 3 sheets of the day do not have the noise issue, and then it begins (when the machine is warmer). The technician is at a loss. I am at a loss and losing my hearing as it is in my office. Any suggestions? Thank you.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If while the paper is being cut the noise stops I wold look into the paper feed out the of the roll deck. Everything at the start of printing is running. Fuser, developer, drum and paper feed. The paper feed stops while the paper is being cut. Remove the left side cover and maybe it will be loud enough to tell where it's coming from.

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen issues where the gears the drive the roll feed don't mesh properly. By leveling the front left leg it forces the gears together and works better. Give that a try.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you remove the Media drawer cover it is easy to see if the drive gears are not fully lined up. The other thing that always makes a rumbling noise is the gears for the top paper stacker. But if that were the case it would not stop when the media is cut.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Kip 7100 unsolvable "grinding noise" when prin Reply with quote Back to top

BigC wrote:
We have had the service technician, many times, come to fix our Kip 7100 of a "grinding" noise when the machine runs. The noise stops when the cutter is active; however, it is a continuous loud whining, grinding noise when the printer is running. The technician has not been able to locate the problem and has "fixed" it by cleaning, repairing various rollers, drum, feeders, etc on the machine. He fixes, the noise comes back. Usually the first 2 or 3 sheets of the day do not have the noise issue, and then it begins (when the machine is warmer). The technician is at a loss. I am at a loss and losing my hearing as it is in my office. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Depends on the noise. If you can record the audio so we could hear it we may be able to help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: