Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Keep loosing connection with scanner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Keep loosing connection with scanner Reply with quote Back to top

This is a brand new one with the lastest 7.4 software with 720 scanner on it.

I already checked the sleep mode (as it was at off) and re-enter it again just in case.

Went back to customer to tell me they cannot make some color scan but B/W scan work fine. First, I thought it was the color option key but when I was there, the color scan worked.

But I can recreate the problem by just unplug the scan USB cable (leave IPS on), so for sure, the display tell me that the scanner is offline and turn back on when re-plug the USB cable....but not in the color scan display...I had to do a scanner search to reconnect it.

I can leave with that color connection "problem" but customer complain also that scanner turn offline itself in B/W.

So for now, I remove the scanner cable from the clamp where it pass with all other USB/network/display cable.

Is someone have an idea about that loosing scan connection ?

Thanks in advance

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, this is similar to original post but now it is worst.

Machine was lossing the stiching configurations 2-3 times in 6 months. Yesterday, machine says scanner not found.

Went there, did scanner troubleshooting, trying the Diag utility (no communication), trying Serial Utility, factory restore, tried communicating with my laptop (with same utilities), called KC3, tried to by-pass the system to force flashing firmware....nothing worked.

Did someone got some ideas before ordering a 1500$ pcb's ?

And by the way, is there a place we can send a board to be fixed/repair anywhere in Canada or US ?

Thanks

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sly
A contact at KIP provided this information a while back. Never done business with them.

Proto Service
6520 Edenvale Blvd Eden Prairie, MN 55346
Rick (952) 974-1594
Brent (952-412-2567
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Mark

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had to edit the post, make sure you have the correct information.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: