Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 9900 Toner Sensor (Damaged Wiper Arm)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCBlue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: KIP 9900 Toner Sensor (Damaged Wiper Arm) Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP 9900 that I have to continually add toner to darken the image.

Well it turned out that the Wiper arm on the toner sensor is damaged. (Tech Tip - K115-9900-030)

The Tech tip's solution is to replace the sensor, however, its price is close to $200.00 for what is probably 50 cents of rubber. I would like to repair it, but can't find any pieces of rubber that I could use. I went to several hardware stores with no luck. The closest thing I could find was a Xerox 3050 Cleaning blade, unfortunately it's too thick.

Since KIP produced a Tech Tip for this problem, I am thinking this problem is kind of common. Has anyone else fixed the sensor's wiper arm? and if so, what material did you use?

Thanks

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately it's the cost of doing business. When you consider the cost of parts versus the money one machine can make in print sales, 200 bucks does not seem so much! In my 31 years of experience in wide format printing trying to re-invent the wheel usually bites you back. These parts are expensive because they are proprietary in nature. They only fit Kip printers.

One print job of 200 24x36 originals at a cost of .35 cents per square foot would be $420.00 enough to pay for the part and 200 in profit.

Pinch a penny now and spend the buck or worse later.

My two cents!

John B.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What John said....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

$.35 per sq/ft?????????? Walk away from the light

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything is bigger in Texas.....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

RCBlue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies, I hear what you are saying.

I gave up looking and bought the sensor. I just hate spending that much money for a new sensor when the only thing wrong with it is 50 cents worth of rubber.

Looking at the new sensor, the wiper bends quite a bit as it moves back and forth. I have a feeling this won't be the last sensor I'll have to replace.

Has anyone else have to replace the sensor because of the wiper?

P.S. We charge $.25 per sq/ft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: