Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3100 advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: 3100 advice please Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody,
I have a customer that has a 3100 that the lease is about up and he wants to sell it to me at what I think is a reasonable price. $2000.00. It has been serviced by kip for the whole time he has had it. How is this machine and is it worth the price? Any major troubles or is it a pretty good machine.
Thanks.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 3100 was a very good model in my opinion, and depending on how many square feet it has on it and if preventative maintenance has been done on it for its entire life it is well worth that asking price.

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi T,
Thanks for the info. Yes, it was a five year lease at a landscape architects office and it was serviced and maintained by Kip. They said that any little quality problem that they would have they would call for service. I don't know the square feet on it but I am sure it was kept up well. His office is near ours and I am going to go look at it. Any suggestions as to what the untrained eye, which is me, should look at when I go see the machine?
Thanks for your help.
David

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that is too common in this industry is just because a machine is on a service contract, that doesn't mean the machine actually was maintained to the preventative maintenance periods. There are 4 internal test prints inside the configuration 2 settings area, print the bottom one, it will be arch D size, check out the gray scale to make sure it is even across the page, it is common for these engines to start to print much lighter in the middle of all prints and that printout will make defects show up well. I would also make a copy of a good quality original to make sure it doesn't have any image quality problems. There is a mechanical meter just above the roll deck on the front right corner of the machine, maybe you can call and ask someone to give you that reading.

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, thanks for that info. I am not familiar with the machine so my questions may sound stupid. Where will I find the configuration 2 setting area? I am going to have someone call them for the meter reading and I will let you know so you can determine what kind of life is on it.
Thank you very much for your help.
David

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the touch screen, press the help icon, the next screen will have the configuration 2 icon, then scroll to tab 3 of 4, print the 36x24 HP-RTL, which is the bottom icon. Good luck and you are welcome.

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. I just found out it has 242,648 on it and it is a two roll machine. Anyway, I am going to make an appt. with the guy to go see it. It sounds like a really good deal. I will keep you posted.
Thanks again for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.
David

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might check to see if it has all the Keycodes.
Especially the PDF and a bonus is the color scan to file codes.
You can check this under configuration where you print out the test pages. On one page there will be a box the says options. If you press the button you will have a check mark in the boxes of what options it has.

jumeda33
intern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin,
Thanks for your input as well. I will take all I can get. I am going to print out these responses so I have the info when I go look at the machine. Thank you very much.
David

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: