Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3100 Ghosting and lines on page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjprinter
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: KIP 3100 Ghosting and lines on page Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a 3100 that will occasionally show a ghost image of darker text at an interval of 248mm. Also ghosts most of the previously printed document when a blank sheet is run through the scanner to see if I can get a clean blank page from the printer. Some documents printed from file or scanned occasionally shows light vertical lines the length of the page, like you would expect if you had run them through a dirty scanner. Paper type is plain roll and I have removed and inspected the developer and it looks OK. I have A KIP 3000 as well and wonder if swapping the developers is possible. Wondering if I have a combination drum/ fuser issue.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The fuser units are not compatible between a 3000 and 3100. You can do a panic stop, turn the machine off just as the lead edge of the print is at the entrance to the fuser section, then you could see if the repeat is showing before the fuser, that would be your first step. You also should make sure your machine is clean and corona wires are fresh.

jjprinter
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: KIP3100 ghosting Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe the interval of 248mm might give a clue whether it might be drum or fuser. It was the developers I was considering swapping, not fusers. I can try to do the stop test and hopefully the problem can be isolated that way.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very rarely have I seen fusers causing double imaging, but the heat roller bushings do wear which can change the pressure, it is usually repeating from the drum, usually from DV or corona issues. I don't have the data that tells you the measurements of repeats and what diameter causes it. You couls roll up a bad print and check the circumference.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

248mm is about 9.76 inches. Probably not in the fuser area. More like drum area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: