Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Solid Black prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Solid Black prints Reply with quote Back to top

Issue on a KIP7700: white streaks and black dots on prints, other than this, image is good.

1. Clean LED (toner covered some sections of the LED)
2. Clean drum with D-ink (black toner spots all over drum)
3. Cleaned Charge assy and replaced corona (for PM)
4. Cleaned T/S assy and replaced corona (for PM)

Now, every print that comes out of the printer is solid black. The drum is covered in toner, just like the developer roller. I spent a couple hours taking the charge assy and cleaning, readjusting the spring, even reinstalling the old corona and still makes no difference. Out of 20 or so times taking out and reinstalling the corona assy after adjusting, I only got a charger error twice, all other times, the print would just come out solid black. I even made sure those copper tabs were all contacting where they are supposed to be contacting. Very frustrated here, any help would be appreciated.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Solid black prints definitely means your charge corona is not working, do you happen to have another charge assy to try? I would also meter the outputs at the hv power supply.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check to make sure the copper ground plate is touching the Printhead

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick reply. I went out to the customer site and tried a few other things. I didn't have another charge assy to use. First thing I did was make sure that the copper ground plate was touching the LED printhead. It was and it was still printing solid blacks. Next thing I did was REMOVE the copper ground plate off the charge assy, then ran some prints. Voila......nice crispy prints. I don't know how but somehow that copper plate touching the LED printhead was shorting out the charge assy. I ran a bunch of prints and they look almost as good as new, no more black prints. I think that copper plate grounds the LED so that it doesn't attract tooo much toner, now that I took it off, it just might get toner dirty more, more often. But I'll try to replace that copper plate and see if it'll fix it with a new one or else I'm just going to leave it off.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Customer called back. Constant charge errors and jams after I left, so I just replaced then entire charge assy.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the past I have left the copper plate off permanently and had no issues.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wished that was my case. I thought I had it when I took off the copper plate, but it crapped out worse. I'm sure it had something to do with that copper plate, but after 3 days, I wasn't going to mess with it much longer. The printer is in a tool crib, inside of a factory that is open 24/7. When the KIP is down, they have to print C and D size drawings on a 8.5x11 copier. Most of the shop guys and machinist aren't too happy when that happens..lol.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tell them to get a 11 X 17 printer. It will be less pasting together and you will look like a hero in their eyes. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: