Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 7100 marks or smuges on first print.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: KIP 7100 marks or smuges on first print. Reply with quote Back to top

There is a haze on the first print out of the machine i am working on. Anyone Have this problem? I don't have the marks at 255mm. Just a haze. I put a new developer in this machine. It still has the haze. The other prints are just fine. I had on this machine. The problem in the tech Tip - TIP-K124-022A Marks 251mm from lead edge. We took care of that and then this came up. Now i have had other machines do this to me and we have solved them with that tech bullitin and finding out to turn off the "Density Correction" in service mode. We have had great success with this. Now i have this haze that will not go away. What it is doing is that is has not cleaned off the drum and has made a mess of the first print. If you are printing something with multiple sheets its just the first one. Then all the others in the set are fine. When you print the next set or anthing after that its the same thing. First page with haze and the rest of the set is fine. PLease say that someone has an easy fix for this. Also when i put the new developer in. It printed fine for a while then i got a call about 2 weeks later that it has some smudges on the first page.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a Photo:

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you open up the machine before the first print comes out is there toner on the drum?
I might also check the regulation roller to see if the wiper blade is cleaning the regulation roller properly. How hard is the developer to turn using the developer rotation tool?

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's an interesting one there CHILLIN. I'd be curious to know if adjusting the transfer corona time on makes any difference.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried the Bias3 Count? It is the #6 in the List of Special Operations (Bias3 Count). Somehow (over time) the KIP self adjusts the bias setting for quality purposes and sometimes after you do a dev. rebuild or swap, that number doesn't change, which causes an over compensation of the bias. I had the same issue and found out that the setting was too high (@ 0000006), supposedly not supposed to be pass 3. I reset it to 0 and the all the black smudges went away.

PS. How the heck were you able to load a picture?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that myself.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Nathan for some reason I thought CHILLIN posted this. I'm pretty sure the photo was loaded from photobucket. Like this:

I was thinking about the bias adjustment also but figured that would effect all prints and not just the first one.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Time to get the bike out of storage.......

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The biker needs to be going the opposite direction, approximately 1 bike length ahead of the pedestrian and at a slow pace. Preferably walking speed. Hell I would just get off the bike and push it.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would also offer all the support she requires......

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,

You're a giver.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to be all I can be.......And let it known that I fully support the woman's movement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: