Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Error 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Error 3 Reply with quote Back to top

Scanner has been sitting for awhile. Was working good last time it was used. Turn it on and I hear the cameras align and so forth. Then it goes to ERROR 3.

I have checked all board connections etc. and all looks fine.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can try to clean the optics. I clean both sides of the glass, the mirrors and the lamps. You can also clean the red LED light that shines up when you power on the scanner. I use a long q-tip to gently remove dust from the top of the LED.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have done all as suggested. The red LED is coming on also.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When this has happened to us in the past we tried swapping out all the boards but it ended up being the optic unit.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had the Error 3, Cleaning the LED resolved the problem. Thanks CJ for posting your tip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: