Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

White mark in solids only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
721production
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: White mark in solids only Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone

Been awhile since I've posted on here, but having an issue I can't seem to solve. The 2 images basically show the issue I am having. The top image is using an Aftermarket drum and the bottom is an OEM. I've tried swapping the following with my other working 721. Top corona, cleaning roller,developer tank (tried 3 diff ones I have) bottom Transfer corona, Erase lamps, pre-transfer led's. Cleaned top LED print head. Not a fusing issue, did the "panic stop" and it is doing it before it hits the fuser. Another note it seems to only be visible in dark greys and solid blacks, line prints are fine. Hopefully I covered everything.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does it always happen in the same place on the paper or distance from the lead or trail edge? If so, what is the measurement from lead or trail. Does it show up on small size prints or just larger like 30x42, 36x48?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since it looks like you have replaced or swapped everything in the machine. Have you tried cleaning or swapping the cutter? It sort of looks like it might be cutter shock. Since both prints look like the issue is in the exact same place. Does it happen from all roll decks? If nothing else you might try slowing down Fuser speed or increasing the paper feed and see if makes any difference.

If the paper is feeding out of the roll decks to slow or the Fuser is pulling to fast the machine can not create the "buckle" or loop the paper needs to cut properly. Basically the paper is to tight and when it cuts it shakes the paper while its under the drum and can cause an issue like what you are seeing.

721production
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So it turns out both my machines were doing the exact same thing which I found quite bizarre. I think it was a damp media issue though, as it is really cold here in Canada right now, I disabled the paper heater units sub code 4-07 i believe it is as it stats in the service manual. Since Wednesday the machines seem to be fine now.
I am now having a charge issue with my one machine though, kind of off then on. First print will have black voids then go away. Still trying to figure that one out.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do a good PM (replace all wires) confirm grid screen is on correctly. If it is on backwards you will get random marks that look like the grid screen \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Etc.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clean developer and supply roller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: