Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Display blinks off and on then goes out completely

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Display blinks off and on then goes out completely Reply with quote Back to top

If I power down and wait for the IPS to shutdown then power back on the display will work for a short while then black out again. Not the monitor I subbed one in. The video is on the motherboard but there's no part number in the parts listing. I've heard that a display card won't solve the problem, true? And I've done a ghost with no luck. Hate to admit it but I'm at a loss for a solution. I've requested KIP's help with a part number so far no answer.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does the IPS still have power going to it?
Sounds like a bad IPS.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The IPS stays powered up. They can also still print to it, just the display craps out.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the video on the MB went out. Time to buy an IPS or hook up a computer next to the machine connect through VNC and just run everything through VNC if it works.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea what the IPS P/N is? Not anywhere I looked.........Bet it's mucho dinero

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did I mention they're T & M Smile

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd call KIP for the part # and verify, but I think it's IPS7100-NOIF-BXP
I'll PM you with the dealer cost.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My 7100 manual shows part number 9000500335 for the IPS without IF card, and part number Z246690010 for the IPS with IF card. Hope that helps!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx buddy.....and thanx for the priceless picture.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's only the embedded NIC card, you could just disable it and try installing another NIC card. I've done that to a 3000 before and it's a lot cheaper than a new IPS...

Last edited by dlee on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the video comes from the NIC......... Shocked

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it does. Just kidding. That's what you call a "too early in the morning" post...lol.

What I really meant to say is that I've been successful at disabling the embedded NIC and used a card and that maybe you could do the same with the embedded VGA and add a card. But I see that in your first post above, you said that you heard a display card would not solve the problem. I just think it's worth a shot, before purchasing a new IPS, even if it is T&M.

Or just an idea, I would take the controller back to your shop and you could try adding a DVI card and get them a new touchscreen (under $200 @ Best Buy). I think the square monitor mount is pretty universal. I would try the DVI card and attach it to one of your monitors to see if it works before buying the touchscreen. But if it works, the customer will be happy with a bigger screen, you can take their old monitor and sell it on this site and make your money back.....lol.

Just a few ideas...haha.

Or you can just get them a new NOIF controller.... Laughing

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You make good points. If the customer allows me to take the IPS I will try a PCI vid card to see what happens. Couldn't hurt.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check the MB for bloated caps. I've yet to see any 7100 IPS's with bloated caps but I've seen plenty of the 3000 IPS's with them. if you have decent soldering skills it is a cheap easy fix.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was bloated caps. The customer didn't want to wait for me to repair the MB so they bought a new IPS. I gotta tell you that the errors I saw kept changing and the video dropping out didn't seem related so replacing the IPS seemed like the best solution. Another learning experience, thanx to all who offered suggestions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: