Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

GRID SCREEN AT 640K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: GRID SCREEN AT 640K Reply with quote Back to top

KIP "suggests" replacing the grid screen every 640k at about @ about $255 per. Every one of my printers have passed that interval by a bunch. If you've changed one out for any reason, did you notice a change in print quality?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, by a "bunch" do you mean 20-30 million sq/ft like most of my 8000's?
I'd be curious to know as well.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

None of the printers I have, to my knowledge, ever have had the grid replaced. ALL of them are at 40m and beyond. I have cleaned a couple of grids with a sanding block with no adverse effects, none that I could see anyway. If I adhered to the "suggested" PM replacement list our costs would skyrocket. Just seems like over kill to me.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same here, never replaced one.

Is it possible that the 640k is something left over from the 9010 days with the grid wires?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be, or just a way to increase the bottom line. I wonder if real KIP techs change them.......

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

640k is l/f so that's about 1,920,000 sq/ft if you were to replace it at the same KIP recommended replacement as the Drum, Developer, all wires, Fuser and pressure roller, and ozone filters. What's $250?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Send me a check for $250...........

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

$250 is about 14 rolls of 36" paper.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never replaced it but my mentor (40 years with Xerox and 6 years as my manager before he retired), he would take the screen and wash it in the sink with regular hand soap (liquid or bar soap on hand, don't scrub the bar soap on the screen...lol). If there were "burn" marks on he grid, a gentle scrub with steel wool (then wash) and we'd be good to go. I would not change it unless it was somehow damaged.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

40 years with Xerox, I feel like such a rookie. I was only able to stand 30. I don't know, CHILLIN, why I never relate the meter to SQ Feet. Probably the 30 years at Xerox.......

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark checks in the mail...

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use Simple Green to clean them first and then soap/water.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the pitting doesn't affect function.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: